Resetting Netgear Extender: A Complete Guide
If you are facing any sort of issues with your Netgear WiFi range extender, then resetting would be the best option. Resetting Netgear extender is a well-known yet simple process to fix big and small issues with your Netgear device. So, without much delay, scroll down a little and get to know the steps on how to reset Netgear extender on the fly.
Why Resetting Netgear Extender is Needed?
Netgear extender reset process is needed when:
- Netgear WiFi extender is not working
- Can’t log in to Netgear extender
- Extender connected but no internet
- Unable to connect to Netgear_ext
- Can’t perform Netgear extender setup process
- Extender not working after firmware update or unable to perform Netgear extender firmware update
- Red or no LED activity on your Netgear extender
- Forgot or lost Netgear extender login details
- Mywifiext.net not working or unable to access 192.168.1.250
That’s it! These were some common yet major reasons that let users reset their Netgear devices. Do you have other reasons that have led you to reset Netgear extender? Let our technical experts know!
Now, without further discussion, let us shed light on the Netgear extender reset process.
Resetting Netgear Extender: Step-by-Step Instructions
There are two ways through which you can reset the Netgear extender:
- Using the reset button
- Using web-user interface
Now, let us discuss both methods one by one!
Resetting Netgear Extender Using Reset Button
Walk through the steps provided below and know how to reset Netgear extender using the reset button:
Step 1: Make sure that your Netgear extender is plugged in. And, apart from this, ensure that the device is getting a steady power supply from its respective wall outlet during the entire reset process.
Step 2: Now, locate the reset hole on your Netgear WiFi extender.
Step 3: Did you find it? If yes, then press it.
That’s it! Your Netgear WiFi range extender has been reset successfully using the reset hole present on it. Now, you need to configure the Netgear extender from the scratch. Once you are done with setting up the Netgear extender, connect to Netgear_ext and make changes to it accordingly.
Resetting Netgear Extender Using Web-User Interface
Don’t you want to use the hard reset method for resetting your Netgear device? No problem! We have got you covered! Resetting your Netgear WiFi range extender can also be done using the web-user interface method. Here’s how to execute the process:
Step 1: Power on your Netgear range extender.
Step 2: Connect the extender and your host router.
Step 3: Turn on a computer or laptop and launch a web browser of your choice on it.
Step 4: Type mywifiext.net in the URL bar and press the Enter key to get redirected to the login window of your Netgear device.
Step 5: As soon as you are there, fill in the required fields with default (if not changed) Netgear extender login details and click Log In.
Step 6: Fab! You are landed on the Netgear Genie page.
Step 7: Locate and click on Settings > Other Settings > Reset.
Kudos! Process of Resetting Netgear extender using the web-user interface has been successfully completed. Now, configure the extender from the scratch.
Resetting Netgear Extender: Troubleshooting Tips
If you are unable to reset your Netgear extender, here are the troubleshooting tips you must keep in consideration:
- Be sure that the wall socket in which your Netgear extender is plugged is working properly and free of any damage.
- Your extender and router must be disconnected from each other prior to initiating the resetting process using the “ hard reset method” or using the “web-user interface” method.
- The Netgear extender must be kept away from the reach of neighboring WiFi.
- Be certain that you are using a valid extender’s login details to reach the Netgear Genie setup page using the web-user interface method for resetting the device.
Resetting the Netgear extender still seems a daunting task for you using any one of the methods listed above? Yes? Don’t fret! We have got your back. Just contact our technical executives any time of the day or night and get a fix to all your extender-related problems in the blink of an eye.