Netgear EX6120 Setup Issues: Resolved
Those who own Netgear range extenders know how efficient this device is to get rid of WiFi dead spots in homes. This device helps you get high-speed and stable internet through every inch of your home. Are you too trying to make a new addition to your home network by setting up Netgear wireless range extender, but are unable to get through the process? Well, consider yourself lucky as you landed on the right post. Given in this helpful guide are various troubleshooting tactics that will help you to do away with Netgear EX6120 setup issues like a pro.
Netgear EX6120 Setup Issues
In this guide, you will find some common issues that most Netgear extender users face while setting up their extenders. Simply walk through them one by one and try to identify which category you fall into.
- Unable to log in to Netgear range extender
- Netgear extender shows no light
- The extender does not get connected to the host router
- Login credentials not working
- Unable to get past the login window
- Shows a password incorrect error
- Web address mywifiext.net not working
Now that you are acquainted with some general setup issues as reported by most Netgear users, it is now time to fix these.
Netgear EX6120 Setup Issues: Fixed
If you have fallen victim to the Netgear extender setup issues, then follow the tips and tricks mentioned below. Without any doubt, we can say that by the end of this guide, the Netgear EX6120 setup issues would have left your side forever. Without any further delay let us get to troubleshoot the setup issues.
1. Fix Power Related Trouble
Do you know having a stable power supply is the first mandatory checkpoint that you should ensure before you begin your Netgear EX6120 setup process? An interrupted power supply will only lead to setup issues. Netgear EX6120 WiFi range extender power LED will help you identify if there is a power-related issue with your device. As soon as you power up your extender, the power LED should blink and get settled. If you do not see any power LED lit, this means your device is not connected to a reliable power source.
To eliminate the power related troubles, here are the points that you need to check:
- Take a look at the power socket that your extender is connected to. Make sure it is well active and has no damage on it. In case you find it is broken, consider replacing it. Connect your extender to a undamaged power socket and notice the LED behavior.
- Another point that you need to check is that the power adapter is connected properly to the power socket. Unplug the adapter and plug it back and see if the issue resolves.
- Finally, make sure that there is no power outage in your place. Opt for a UPS in such a situation and get through the Netgear extender setup process.
2. Eliminate Internet Issues
Having a non-shaky internet connection is the second most important thing that you need to ensure before you begin the Netgear EX6120 setup process. Check the following points:
- Contact your internet service provider to check if there is an internet-related problem and give him some time to fix the issue and then try setting up your device.
- It is recommended to opt for a wired connection between the host router and the extender to make certain that the extender is receiving an optimum internet signal. Thus, take the help of an Ethernet cable and connect the Netgear extender to the host router.
- Check the Ethernet cable for any damages. Perhaps the cable that you are putting to use to connect the devices is worn out, which is why you are unable to proceed with the setup process. Replace the Ethernet cable right away if you find any damage to it.
- Bring the Netgear extender closer to the host router. It must be placed within the range of the router such that it can easily access the network.
3. Verify Web Address
At times users try to access the login page using the incorrect login web address. Perhaps you are doing the same thing.
- Type in the correct web address mywifiext.net without any typos.
- Enter the login web address right into the URL field and not the search bar of the browser.
4. Fix Web Browser Issues
Sometimes web browser that you are using prevents you to get ahead with the Netgear EX6120 setup process.
- Use the updated web browser.
- Clear the cache, cookies and browsing history, and then try accessing the login page to set your extender up.
5. Use Correct Credentials
Users often fall victim to extender setup issues because unintentionally they use the incorrect login username and password on mywifiext net login page. You can always refer the Netgear EX6120 manual that came along the device in the box to know the default credentials.
- Use the correct Netgear admin username and password. FYI, the admin password and WiFi password are separate entities. Do not get confused with both.
- Avoid making any typos while entering the details.
- Check that the Caps Lock key is not pressed while entering the username and password.
This is all about how you can do away with Netgear EX6120 setup issues. Although these troubleshooting hacks should suffice to fix the issue, know that you can get personalized help from our experts at any time if you find yourself stuck in the middle of setting up the Netgear range extender.