Is it Possible to Use 2 WiFi Extenders at the Same Time?
Whether you own a small house or a large one, the problem of WiFi dead spots is always a pain. If your current extender is not capable enough when it comes to turning dead zones into WiFi zones, it is suggested to use 2 WiFi extenders at the same time.
Here, in this write-up, we'll shed light on how to use 2 WiFi extenders for making the most of your internet experience.
Why Use 2 WiFi Extenders?
A WiFi extender is a device that boosts the existing WiFi coverage throughout a home. Although having one WiFi extender setup is suffice to use the internet in all areas of a home, just in case you are still facing WiFi connectivity issues or unable to enjoy the internet in far places, you can consider configuring 2 WiFi extenders at the same time.
Two WiFi extenders are to be installed only in those places which are having large land area.
How to Use 2 WiFi extenders at the same time?
For using 2 WiFi extenders, first you need to configure them properly with your existing router. For that, you need to individually follow the setup process for both the extenders. Here's how to configure an extender. Here, we are taking the example of the Netgear extender setup, however you can use the steps for the brand you have. Let's start!
- Plugin your range extender to an electric socket and turn on the power button.
- As soon as you see the LED light on your extender is showing green color, connect it with your router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now, on your computer, open a web browser that is updated with the latest software version.
- Type the default web address of your extender in the address field and press the Enter key.
- You will then be taken to the login page of your range extender.
- Fill in the default credentials – username and password to the respective fields.
- Press the Log in option and you will then be taken to the smart setup wizard of your Netgear extender.
- From the settings section, now select the name of the device to which you want to connect your extender.
- Once done, certain prompts will reveal on the screen of your computer.
- Follow the prompts and complete the WiFi range extender configuration process.
You are all done!
Following the same steps above, you can configure your other extender.
Checkpoints While Configuring 2 WiFi Extenders
There are certain checkpoints a user needs to keep in mind while configuring 2 WiFi extenders at the same time. Here they are:
- Make sure you connect both the extenders to your home WiFi router.
- Connect both the extenders with the help of an Ethernet cable. As connecting them wirelessly can impact the performance of both devices.
- Keep your extenders away from WiFi interference-causing things like Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, microwave ovens, refrigerators, etc.
- Make sure the firmware of your router, as well as extenders, are updated to the most recent version.
- Ensure that both the extenders are not broadcasting the same username SSID as your home WiFi router.
Benefits of Installing 2 WiFi Extenders
- Lag-free WiFi coverage in every nook and cranny of your home or workspace.
- Enhanced gaming and streaming experience.
- You can connect as many client devices as you want.
- It is easy to move your extender from one room to another for better WiFi coverage.
This is all about how to set up and use 2 WiFi extenders at the same time. In case you find any difficulty while making your WiFi range extenders operational, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts for quick assistance. This is all about how to set up and use 2 WiFi extenders at the same time. In case you find any difficulty while making your WiFi range extenders operational, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts for quick assistance.