I Can’t Do Netgear WiFi Extender Setup. What to Do?
“I am not able to perform Netgear WiFi extender setup process. As far as I remember, I followed the correct instructions mentioned in the Netgear user manual, then why am I in this mess? Can you help me fix the issue?”
Does this query seem similar to yours? Well, worry not. We are saying this with surety because, in this blog, we have talked about the topmost troubleshooting hacks through which resolving the issue at hand will become a piece of cake for you. Thus, get down to reading.
Not Able to Do Netgear WiFi Extender Setup?
For your information, if you are not able to perform Netgear WiFi extender setup even after walking through the troubleshooting hacks mentioned in this post, then wait no more getting in touch with our technical experts. They will surely be able to help you perform Netgear extender setup via mywifiext with ease.
- First of all, check the power socket that is supplying electricity to your Netgear wireless range extender. In case it is damaged, consider plugging your networking device into another wall socket.
- The Ethernet cable through which both your WiFi devices are connected should have no cuts on or in it. Apart from this, the connection between the extender and the host router should not be worn out.
- Ensure that there is neither too much nor too less distance between the Netgear wireless extender and your home router. That can create a communication gap between devices and make the signals clash respectively.
- In case you have used the wrong web address, then also you can stop yourself from performing Netgear extender setup. Therefore, consider using only the correct web address to access the Netgear extender login page.
- Although the default web address will work for you to set up your device, on the off chance, it does not; then it is recommended that you use the default IP address to do the same. It might work for you.
- Do not even dare to use an outdated web browser for setting up your Netgear wireless range extender. Also, ensure that your browser is free from cookies, cache, and last but not least, browsing history.
- Avoid using the wrong admin login credentials of your Netgear extender. Do not enter the password of the device in the Username field and vice-versa. Also, do cross-check the details before clicking on the Log In button.
- Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, treadmills, cordless phones, fish tanks, baby monitors, washing machines, microwave ovens, refrigerators, etc should not be kept near the Netgear wireless range extender.
- In case the antivirus software is installed on the system, whether you are using a computer or laptop, take our advice and disable it. Once done, try to perform Netgear WiFi extender setup.
How to Perform Netgear WiFi Extender Setup?
Here are the instructions through which performing Netgear extender setup is very much possible:
- Commence the process by plugging your extender into a wall socket.
- Press the power button.
- Soon the LED will become stable.
- Now, you have got to connect the Netgear extender and the router.
- That can be done using an Ethernet cable.
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Gain access to an internet browser.
- In the address bar of the browser, type mywifiext net.
- Press the Enter key.
- In the blink of an eye, the Netgear extender login page will appear.
- Enter the admin login credentials.
- Click on the Log In button.
As soon as the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will appears, follow the instructions mentioned there. By the time, you have reached the last step, the Netgear extender setup process would have wrapped itself.
If you do not want to set up the extender using the Manual method, then you can also use the WPS method or the Nighthawk app. The choice is yours.
Although after taking a way through the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks mentioned in this blog, you will be able to resolve the issue that you were facing and perform Netgear WiFi extender setup successfully.
On the off chance, you are still not able to get your device up and running, then consider contacting our technical experts. They will not twice before helping you achieve Netgear extender setup success.