How to Hide or Unhide Netgear_Ext SSID of Your Netgear Range Extender?
Have you been trying to hide Netgear_ext SSID on your WiFi range extender but had no luck so far? If the answer to the question is yes, then know that you needn’t worry because we are here to assist you. In this blog post, we’ll provide you with the step-by-step guidelines through which you can easily hide your network name.
Note: For those of you who want to unhide Netgear_ext SSID, the steps mentioned here will assist you too.
Guidelines to Hide Netgear_Ext SSID on Your WiFi Device
Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to hide your WiFi network name:
- First things first, ensure that the WiFi extender is connected to your home router.
- Then, turn on your computer or laptop and open Google Chrome.
- Log into your Netgear extender by using the default web address.
- You can also use the IP address of your device to perform Netgear extender login.
Note: If you stuck at some point while trying to log into your Netgear WiFi range extender, then refer to the Netgear manual. In case you don’t find this option comfortable, then feel free to get in touch with our experts for assistance
- Once you’ve logged into your device, go to www mywifiext net extender settings.
- To hide your Netgear_ext SSID, uncheck ‘Broadcast this Network name’
- Click on the Save button for the changes to get saved.
Note: For those of you who want to unhide their extender’s network name, simply check ‘Broadcast this network name’ and select the Save option.
Even after going the aforementioned steps, are you unable to hide the Netgear_ext SSID of your WiFi range extender? Well, in that case, it is recommended that you go through the following troubleshooting tips.Troubleshooting: Can’t Hide Netgear_ext SSID of WiFi Device
Have a Strong Internet Connection
One of the major reasons that might be stopping you from hiding the extender’s network name is a weak internet connection. Not just that, but a weak internet connection also prevents you from accessing the Netgear Genie setup wizard. Thus, ensure that your extender has access to a blazing-fast internet connection.
Make sure that your Netgear WiFi extender is well connected to your home router. If using a WiFi source proved to be fatal, then you can make use of an Ethernet cable to connect your WiFi devices.
If the issue persists, it is recommended that you get in touch with your Internet Service Provide (ISP). There is a high possibility that the internet issue is from their end. In case they aren’t able to help you either, then give our experts.
Power-Cycle Your Netgear WiFi Extender
Sometimes, the reason why users face difficulty in changing their extender’s network name is because of a technical glitch. But, not to worry, as this little issue can easily be taken care of. To troubleshoot it, you need to power cycle your Netgear WiFi extender.
Here is how you can power-cycle your WiFi device:
- Switch off the wall socket that you’re using.
- Pull the power cable attached to your extender from the socket.
- Disconnect all the extra devices connected to your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Give your WiFi device a minute or two to rest.
- Now, create a connection between the router and satellite.
- Connect the power cable to your extender.
- Plug the device back into the wall socket.
- Oh, and, don’t forget to press the Power button on the extender.
Power-cycling your Netgear WiFi range extender will surely help you resolve the issue. Now, you are free to hide your Netgear_ext SSID. In case of any trouble, you know what to do. Our highly qualified technicians are always available to assist you.