How Do I Reconnect Netgear WiFi Extender to Home Network?
There could be multiple reasons that your Netgear extender gets disconnected from your home WiFi network. This can halt your access to the mywifiext login page. So, you need to to reconnect Netgear WiFi extender to your home WiFi connection.
You can reconnect Netgear WiFi range extender either via an Ethernet wire or using a WiFi connection. Below-mentioned are the easy steps you can follow to get the job done:
- In this method, you will use an Ethernet wire to connect your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Once you have successfully connected, switch on your computer.
- Choose a web browser that you want to use.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar of your web browser.
- Press the Enter key after typing in the web address.
- It opens a login portal for your Netgear extender.
- Put in your login details that you used earlier while performing the Netgear extender setup.
- Click the Log In button.
- When you are logged in, choose the Setup option.
- Move to the Wireless Settings.
- You will be asked to enter the network password.
- Click Apply.
It reconnects your Netgear WiFi range extender to your home WiFi connection.
You can also use the WiFi connection to reconnect Netgear WiFi extender to your home network. Here are the steps to get the job done:
- To begin with, you need to reset your WiFi extender.
- Thus, to reset your extender, press the Reset button on your Netgear extender.
- Push and hold the Reset button for a few seconds to initiate the reset process.
- Connect your WiFi extender to your router via WiFi.
- Open an updated web browser to access the mywifiext.net.
- Click on the address bar of your web browser to enter the web address.
- An extender login page emerges on your screen.
- Carefully enter your default login credentials.
- Press the Enter or click the Login button after you have successfully entered your user ID and password.
- Follow the prompts visible on your screen to reconnect your Netgear extender.
Congratulations! You can now reconnect your WiFi devices to your home WiFi connection to surf the Internet.
- Make sure that your Netgear extender and router is placed in the same room. If not, bring your extender to the room where your router is placed.
- Keep a check that your Netgear extender is getting a continuous power supply while you are reconnecting the Netgear extender.
- Also, ensure that the firmware update of your WiFi extender is up-to-date. Otherwise, you might again get disconnected from your home WiFi connection.
- Always use an up-to-date web browser while accessing the mywifiext.net.
- Also, ensure that cookies, browsing history, and the cache memory of your web browser are all cleaned up. It minimizes any risk of facing an issue like can’t access mywifiext.net or mywifiext.net not opening.
- While connecting via an Ethernet cable, make sure that all the wired connections are tight. In case you witness any damage to the cable, replace it immediately before accessing the Netgear extender setup page.
Apart from the above-mentioned things, there is so much more that you need to keep in while reconnecting your Netgear WiFi range extender to your home WiFi connection.
Still facing troubles? Feel free to contact our technical officials for an immediate solution.