An All-Encompassing Guide to Perform Netgear LM1200 Setup
When it comes to providing the best networking devices, Netgear is one of the best brands to consider. If you want to get your hands on a Netgear LM1200 modem, then well done, you took the right decision. However, what is that? Are you not sure about how to perform Netgear LM1200 setup? Well, that is possible if you carefully walk through the guidelines mentioned below in this post. Thus, without wasting any more time, let’s get started.
Before Getting Started
Have you unboxed the Netgear LM1200 modem yet? No? Well, in that case, do not proceed to the setup process. First, you need to do the unboxing. While doing so, you will find the following things inside the box:
- Netgear LM1200 modem
- Ethernet cable
- User manual
- Power adapter
Make sure that you are being extremely careful while unboxing your Netgear LM1200 modem. No accessory should get damaged. Or else, you’ll come across issues in the future.
Apart from this, we have discussed some other points that you should keep in mind before getting started with the Netgear LM1200 setup process.
1. Proper Power Supply
Make sure that the wall socket into which you will be plugging your Netgear LM1200 modem is in good condition. In other words, it should not be damaged from any point.
2. Non Damaged Ethernet Cable
The Ethernet cable that you will be using for the connection between your devices ought to be free of damages. Also, it should not be worn out.
3. Do Not Use Search Bar
Avoid using the search bar of your web browser to access the IP address of your Netgear LM1200. Also, keep typing errors at bay.
4. Updated Web Browser
Check the version at which your internet browser is currently running. It should not be outdated. Otherwise, you already know what will happen during the setup process.
How to Perform Netgear LM1200 Setup?
- Gain access to a USB cable.
- Connect one end of the cable to the modem and another to the adapter of the device.
- Make sure that the connection is finger-tight.
- Once assured, plug the Netgear LM1200 modem into a wall socket.
- Hit the power button.
- Soon the LED on your device will glow.
- Thereafter, connect the Netgear LM1200 modem to the host router.
- You need to do so using the Ethernet cable that came along with the device.
- Whether you use a computer or laptop, switch it on.
- Open the web browser that you generally use.
- Ensure that it is clear of browsing history as well as cookies.
- Go to the address bar of your chosen web browser.
- Enter the IP address.
- Locate the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Once located, press it to proceed further.
For your information, a number of users use mywifiext.net instead of the IP address while doing Netgear LM1200 setup. Prefer not landing amongst the lot. If you want to know what is the IP address you need to use contact our technical experts. They will surely be able to help you out in this case.
- Pressing the Enter key will take you to a new window.
- You will be asked to sign in.
- Thus, do the needful using the default login password.
- Now, you will find that you have reached the BASIC home screen of Netgear LM1200.
- The next step in line is to enable a custom APN profile.
- You can do so by going to the Settings tab.
- Click on the Activate Custom APN profile option.
- An APN section will appear.
- In order to activate a new APN file, fill in the required details.
- Click the Save button.
And you are done! In this manner, you will be able to perform Netgear LM1200 setup without facing any technical issues. Now, you are free to surf the internet, play online video games, and do much more with the Netgear LM1200 connection.
This was all about how the Netgear LM1200 setup process can be executed. Although after following the step-by-step guidelines, you will be able to set up the modem with ease, in case, you still come across some issues, contacting our technical experts will serve you well.
Worry not about the time at which you should contact them. We are saying this because our profound experts are always Argus-eyed to help out users in need of help.