Different Ways to Perform Netgear WN2000RPT Extender Setup
Many people are turning towards Netgear WN2000RPT wireless range extender because of its top-notch WiFi performance. If you too want to take advantage of this device, first you are required to set it up. Follow the instructions mentioned in this blog and learn how the new extender setup process can be executed.
How to Perform Netgear WN2000RPT Extender Setup?
In this post, we have talked about two different ways through which Netgear extender setup is possible. Both of them have been highlighted here:
- WPS Method
- Manual Method
The first method requires you to press a simple button on your WN2000RPT extender whereas the other one demands you to access the web user interface. We have mentioned both these methods in detail. Whichever method you are comfortable implementing, use that.
1. WPS Method: Netgear WN2000RPT Extender Setup
Here are the steps that will help you to configure your WN2000RPT extender using the WPS or the WiFi Protected Setup method:
- Unpack your WN2000RPT.
- Plug it into a wall outlet and ensure that it is not damaged.
- Hit the power button.
- Once done, locate the WPS button.
- Press the WPS button on your extender as well as the home device.
- Thereafter, change the location of your WN2000RPT.
Note: To perform Netgear WN2000RPT extender setup using the WPS method, the host router must be WPS enabled. If it isn’t, there is no way in which you will be able to complete the setup process.
2. Manual Method: Netgear WN2000RPT Extender Setup
In this method, you need the default web address and the login credentials of your WN2000RPT extender to perform the setup. Here’s how to go about the process:
- Turn on your Netgear WN2000RPT extender.
- Connect it to the host router using an Ethernet cable.
- Next, open your computer.
- Which is your favorite web browser? Open that.
- In the web address field, input www.mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will reach the official login page.
- There, you will be asked to put the default admin details to use.
- Thus, do so and hit Log In.
- On the BASIC Home screen, follow the given set of instructions.
Note: Follow the instructions given on the main dashboard in the same order as they are written. Or else, you might become a victim of setup-related issues.
Did you get stuck while performing the Netgear WN2000RPT extender setup? Need help in troubleshooting the issue? Have a look at the next section then.
Netgear WN2000RPT Extender Setup Failed?
1. Use the Correct Web Address
Sometimes, users ignore using the correct web address while setting up their extenders. Perhaps, you have also done the same thing. To rectify your mistake, consider putting the right web address to use.
Apart from that, if you are using a MAC device instead of Windows, consider using mywifiext.local instead of mywifiext.net.
2. Enter the Correct Admin Details
Usage of the incorrect login credentials can also prevent one from putting an end to the Netgear WN2000RPT extender setup process. Therefore, ensure that are using the right password and username.
Before clicking the Log In button, make sure that you check the entries made by you. If you find any typing errors, get rid of them immediately.
3. Update Your Internet Browser
See to it that the internet browser you are currently using is working on the latest version. If you want to learn how to update your browser, here are the steps that you need to refer to:
- Open your web browser.
- Look at the right side of the screen.
- Click the three-dotted button.
- A list of options will come into view.
- Select the Settings section.
- Go to Update Browser.
- Wait for some time.
Apart from that, you should clear the browsing history and cookies of your web browser.
Once you are done updating your browser, check if you are able to set up your extender.
The Bottom Line
Performing Netgear WN2000RPT extender setup is an excellent option to consider if you want to enhance your internet-usage experience. However, if even after following the aforementioned guidelines, you are unable to successfully complete the process, consider reaching out to our experts.
Trust us, with their intelligence and knowledge, they will surely be able to help you out in installing the WN2000RPT extender with ease.