Why Backup Netgear N300 WiFi Range Extender Settings
The Netgear N300 WiFi range extender is one of the best networking devices out there. It comes with a fast Ethernet port, external antennas, and smart Push 'N' Connect feature. In simple terms, it is one of its kind WiFi extender money can buy. However, no matter how good a networking device is these are bound to get affected by a few drawbacks. An effective method to deal with uninvited hardware or software issues is to create a backup of all Netgear N300 WiFi range extender's settings.
But, before we do that let us take a look at why you should create a backup of all the Netgear WiFi range extender settings.
Reasons to Backup Netgear N300 WiFi Range Extender SettingsGiven below are 4 reasons why creating a backup of the Netgear N300 WiFi Range Extender is a good idea.
1. Power FailureYou are chatting with friends on Facebook by accessing the WiFi from the Netgear WiFi extender, when it happens. All lights go out and the Extender shuts down all of a sudden. An abrupt power failure can cause the Netgear WiFi extender to go haywire. It can also erase any of the changes you might have made to the setting through the extender interface. It is why you should create a back up of Netgear N300 WiFi range extender settings. It comes handy especially if you live in an area that is prone to daily power cuts.
2. Wrong Firmware UpdateYes! An official Netgear WiFi extender firmware update keeps it safe against potential hacking. But, at the same time, there have been instances where a firmware update did the opposite. Unfortunately, there are instances where official firmware updates caused more problems than it solved. In this case, you should always have a backup of the extender settings. This helps you revert the device back to the its factory default settings in case it goes haywire.
3. WiFi Extender's AgeHave you been using the Netgear N300 WiFi Range Extender for some time? Is it showing signs of slowing down? Maybe the device is nearing the end of its functional life. So, if you are not ready yet to invest in an expensive WiFi extender then having a backup of all the default settings might do you good. This will also ensure that you are able to connect to Netgear_ext and access the internet.
4. Faster RecoveryIn case you happen to open an email that contains a spam or malware, it will not only infect the network but also put the WiFi extender at risk. Now, we all know how cumbersome it is to reset, reinstall, and set up the device back again from ground zero. Securing a backup of all the necessary settings will take care of this hassle. All you would need to do is follow the right steps to create the backup. Now, a common question that often comes from Netgear WiFi N300 WiFi range extender owners is -
How Can I Backup Settings on N300?There are a few simple steps you need to follow to secure the default Netgear N300 settings. Here's how you do it.
Steps to Backup Extender Settings
- Launch a web browser.
- In the address bar, type the default Netgear Extender web address.
- The Login window will come up.
- Enter the username and password.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Now, choose Maintenance, then Backup Settings.
- Click on the Backup button.
Note: The web browser will extract the default setting file from the Netgear N300 WiFi range extender. You can also download the file automatically if the browser is unable to do so.
- Choose the location to save the file.
Note: A copy of the current WiFi extender settings will be saved in the location you choose.
Follow the process mentioned above to ensure you complete the Netgear N300 WiFi Range Extender settings backup process.
The Netgear N300 WiFi range extender is one powerhouse of a device. It offers impeccable performance without breaking the bank. However, if you want to keep the device functioning to its maximum capacity do create a backup of all the settings on this device. If you still face an issue then feel free to connect with our technical experts anytime. We are more than happy to see you help.