A Guide to Change the Default Password of Netgear AX1800
Netgear wireless range extenders are one of the most popular networking devices. They amplify the wireless signals emitted by the home routers to provide an enhanced internet speed. That is the reason why millions trust Netgear. AX1800 is one of the tremendous wireless range extenders by Netgear that offers blazing-fast internet on connected devices with greater capacity. This powerful mesh WiFi range extender creates a mesh WiFi 6 system and provides whole-home coverage. So, one should definitely set up a Netgear AX1800 WiFi mesh extender at home.
But, only performing Netgear extender setup is not enough. You also have to take care of the security of your Netgear wireless extender as well. You never know how hackers prowl over the settings of your extender and access your personal data. Therefore, it is strictly advised to change the
default password of your Netgear WiFi mesh extender. Walk through this blog post and learn how to change the default password of your Netgear AX1800 extender and add a layer of security to it. So, let's hop up to it.
How to Change the Password of Netgear AX1800?
Follow the steps given below to change the default password of your Netgear AX1800 wireless range extender:
1. Power Up Your Netgear AX1800 Extender
- Start by plugging your Netgear AX1800 WiFi mesh extender into a wall socket.
- Switch on the Power button.
- Wait for the power LED on your Netgear WiFi mesh extender to glow green.
2. Connect Your WiFi Devices
- Once the LED on your Netgear AX1800 extender stabilizes, make a connection between your extender and the existing wireless router.
- You can connect both devices either wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
3. Access Netgear Extender Login Page
- After connecting the Netgear AX1800 extender and the router, switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.
- Navigate to the address bar.
- Type the default web address of the Netgear AX1800 extender into it.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear extender login page will be displayed prompting you to enter the login details of your WiFi device.
4. Log in to Your Netgear AX1800 Extender
- Enter the default username and password of your Netgear AX1800 WiFi mesh extender into the given fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- You will be taken to the Netgear extender dashboard.
5. Change the Netgear Extender's Password
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Look for the Change Password option.
- Once there, enter the new password of your choice.
- Re-type the new password in the given field to confirm it.
Quick Tip: Never use your personal details as the password of your Netgear AX1800 WiFi mesh extender because they are easy to guess.
- Remember to click the Apply button. Otherwise, no changes will be saved.
By executing the aforementioned steps in the exact manner as they are written, you can change the default password of your Netgear AX1800 WiFi mesh extender. Let's hope that you will be able to do it successfully. Just in case you aren't able to do so, get in touch with our expert technicians or refer to the troubleshooting tips mentioned below:
Fixed: Can't Change Netgear AX1800 Password
- Check the wall plug that you've used to power up your Netgear AX1800 WiFi mesh extender. If it is damaged, consider plugging your range extender into another wall socket.
- Do not proceed to change the Netgear extender's default password until the power LED glows solid green.
- If you have used an Ethernet cable to connect the extender and the router, make sure that it is free of cuts. Furthermore, the connection between both WiFi devices should be accurate.
- Always use an updated internet browser to access the mywifiext page. Also, to ensure that the internet browser won't run a cached version of the extender login page, clear the cookies, cache, and browsing history.
- Type the correct web address of the Netgear extender into the address bar. Besides, avoid typing it in the search bar as it won't bear any result.
- Fill in the correct default login details to log in to your Netgear AX1800 extender because the username and password are case-sensitive. Cross-check them before clicking the Log In button.
By following the above guidelines and referring to the troubleshooting tips, you'll surely be able to change the default password of your Netgear AX1800 extender. Let's wind up with the hope that you'll be able to add a layer of security to your Netgear extender by changing its password.
On the off chance, if you still come across any issue while changing the default password of your Netgear wireless extender, feel free to contact our experts. They are available 24/7 to help you.