How to Set up Netgear Powerline WiFi Extender: The Ultimate Guide
Netgear Powerline WiFi extender provides you an alternative way to boost your WiFi network using your existing electrical wiring. It is perfect for getting high-speed wireless and wired internet in every room in the home. Netgear Powerline extenders come into various different models such as PL1000, PL1200, PLW1010, PLW1000, etc. However, the setup process remains almost the same for all models. Here, we will teach you how to perform the Netgear Powerline setup without any hassle. Continue reading.
Netgear Powerline WiFi Extender Setup Guide
You can utilize two or more Powerline adapters to create a network or extend the current network to additional wired Ethernet devices. A Powerline network includes two or more compatible Powerline devices that communicate with each other using your electrical power lines. One of the Powerline devices is connected to your router via an Ethernet cable. Thus, the Powerline network is now linked to your Local Area Network (LAN). This enables all the Powerline devices on the network to communicate with the router and use its internet connection.
Things to Consider Before Powerline Network Setup
In order to achieve the optimal performance of the Powerline network, here is a list of the things you need to consider:
- Do not place your Powerline WiFi extender near electronic devices such as washers, refrigerators, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, dryers, or microwave ovens. This is because such devices might potentially prevent the adapters from working properly.
- Avoid plugging your Powerline devices into an extension cord, surge protector, or power strip as this might prevent them from working correctly or degrade the network performance.
- Use only a damage-free wall socket to plug in your Powerline extender.
- There should be a high-speed internet connection during the Netgear Powerline extender setup process.
- Do not use the public WiFi or neighboring hotspot for setup.
How to Set up Netgear Powerline WiFi Extender Network?
Here's a step-by-step guide to set up a Netgear Powerline extender:
Step-1: Be certain that your home WiFi router and wired Ethernet connections are working in a proper manner.
Step-2:Turn on your WiFi router by plugging it into a wall socket.
Step-3: Now, plug the Netgear Powerline adapter into an electrical outlet. Keep the adapter and the router in the same room.
Step-4: Connect the Powerline adapter to the router via an Ethernet cable. Ensure that the Ethernet cable doesn't have any sort of cuts or damages.
Step-5: The next step for Netgear Powerline WiFi extender setup is to plug the extender into a wall outlet.
Step-6: In case there are any additional Powerline devices you are using, then plug in them as well.
Step-7: Let the Powerline network recognize each Powerline adapter or WiFi extender. Done! This way, you can set up your Netgear Powerline WiFi extender with ease. Once done, try accessing www.mywifiext.net web page to check whether the WiFi network has been set up. On the off chance if the Powerline network has not set up or you got stuck at any step, feel free to reach out to our experts. They will surely help you out.