Netgear EX3700 Setup: Start Enjoying Internet On the Fly!
With the advancement of technology, it has become extremely easy for people (especially techies!) to manage their day-to-day tasks in the blink of an eye. As today’s life entirely revolves around the Internet, a perfect and blazing WiFi network connection is the top priority of every house. In order to get the job done, there is a need for an efficient and effective WiFi device. And Netgear EX3700 setup is the topmost choice.
For starters, extenders are the most used WiFi networking tools that boost the existing WiFi coverage and lets you enjoy lag-free internet. If your WiFi router does not transfer WiFi signals throughout your house and not covering WiFi dead zones, then the only solution is to install a WiFi range extender.
EX3700 range extender setup is recommended for those who are looking for fast and steady Internet connectivity. Netgear EX3700 amplifies the incoming signals from your existing router and then sends them to your network, providing continuous Internet in every nook and cranny of your home.
Moving on, let’s help you with the setup process of the EX3700 Netgear extender.
How to perform Netgear EX3700 Extender Setup
There are various methods to do a New Extender Setup. However, the most used and reliable methods are listed below:
1. EX3700 Setup via Mywifiext
Mywifiext is a local web user interface that lets you connect your extender with a router. Here are the steps to perform a Netgear EX3700 WiFi range extender setup using the Manual Method.
- Turn your Extender on by plugging it into a working power socket.
- Use an Ethernet cable and connect your device to a router.
- Open a web browser and log in to the EX3700 Netgear web user interface via mywifiext.
- You will be taken to the Netgear Genie Setup page.
- Enter the EX3700 default username and password.
- Go to wireless settings.
- Select the network which you want to extend using EX3700.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the password of the WiFi network. Do the same and hit Finish.
- Wait for the EX3700 extender setup process to complete.
Once done, unplug your EX3700 and place it midway between the router and dead spots.
2. EX3700 Setup via WPS Button
WPS refers to WiFi Protected Setup. In case your EX3700 provides support for WPS, walk through the steps underlined below:
- Long press the EX3700 extender’s WPS button and let its LED blink.
- Next, press the router’s WPS button but after a while.
- Connect your EX3700 extender with a WiFi network.
- As soon as it gets connected, you will see a green LED.
That’s it! Select a network that you want to extend using EX3700.
Below are listed some additional tips to avoid any issues while executing the Netgear EX3700 extender setup.
- EX3700 Netgear extender should be plugged in and powered on in the right manner.
- For the first-time installation of the device, the EX3700 should be in close proximity to your WiFi router.
- Mywifiext.net is not a regular website, thus sometimes shows an error message. Use Netgear extender default IP as an alternate to access the Netgear extender login page.
- You should be connected to the Netgear range ext to complete the EX3700 Netgear Extender Setup.
- Your web browser must be updated and it must not have the junk of cache and cookies.
- If your router is on WEP security mode, you can’t set up your EX3700 extender using the WPS method.
If you are facing any problem while doing the Netgear EX3700 setup, we have an experts team on-board who can help you to install the Netgear range extender in a matter of minutes. So, feel free to contact us for quick assistance.