Netgear EAX15 Setup: A Beginner’s Guide
Wireless range extenders work like a bridge between the main gateway and the areas that are out of range of the main gateway. In case you have a bigger home with lots of walls and rooms, then a single router wouldn’t suffice to fulfill the WiFi needs in all parts of the home. There may be many internet dead spots in your home. WiFi range extenders work wonders in eliminating these dead zones and extending the existing WiFi range to far-off corners of the home. One such WiFi extender is by Netgear, EAX15, which is an awesome product with very good reviews. This whole piece write-up is about how you can perform Netgear EAX15 setup in your home and get seamless internet access.
How to Do Netgear EAX15 Setup?
We shall provide you with information about three different methods of completing the Netgear EAX15 setup. You can utilize any of these three methods as per your convenience:
- Web browser method
- Nighthawk app
- WPS button method
We shall now discuss in detail about all these three Netgear EAX15 setup methods.
Before you proceed with the individual methods, there are some common steps that need to be performed for all the methods for setting up the extender. We are going to initiate by first telling you about these steps:
Step 1: Unbox the Extender
Initiate the setup process of your Netgear extender by unboxing it. Be careful while doing so as to avoid breaking any fragile part of the extender.
Step 2: Place EAX15 Extender
The next step will be to place the Netgear extender in an appropriate place. An appropriate place is somewhere near the host router. Ensure that there is an available wall socket so that you can plug the extender. You can also use an extension cord in the event of the absence of a power socket.
Step 3: Apply Power to it
Now, attach the power adapter that came along with the Netgear extender EAX15 to it. Plug its other end into the available power socket. Thereafter press the power button on the extender to turn it on.
Netgear EAX15 Setup:
Web Browser Method
- To proceed further in getting the Netgear EAX15 setup process done, make a connection between the extender and the host router.
- Hence, grab hold of an Ethernet cable and insert both its ends into respective Ethernet ports on the Netgear extender and the host router.
- Be sure that the connection that you are forming is finger-tight and nowhere near loose.
- The further step is to apply power to your computer or laptop and load up an internet browser on it.
- The PC as well as the browser that you are using must be updated with the latest version.
- Hover over the mouse cursor to the URL bar of the browser and type the login URL which is mywifiext.net.
- Ensure typing the web address carefully without committing any typing errors.
- Hitting Enter will take you to the login page.
- Insert the default username and password in the fields on the login screen.
- Click on the Log In button.
- This step will take you to the Netgear extender setup page.
- Following the instructions appearing on this setup screen will help you execute the setup process.
This is how you can complete the Netgear EAX15 setup via mywifiext.net on a web browser.
- In this method also, you need to connect the Netgear extender to the host router. Using an Ethernet cable is suggested for making firm and secure connection between the two devices.
- Next, unlock your smartphone and head toward the Play Store or the App Store which will vary depending upon the OS of the phone.
- Search and download the Nighthawk app from this here.
- As soon as the app is downloaded and installed, launch it.
- Use the default login credentials and do the login.
- After logging in, you will reach the Netgear extender setup page on which you need to follow the instructions and complete the setup process.
- Ensure that the Netgear EAX15 extender and the host router are powered up properly.
- Locate and press the WPS button on the extender.
- Likewise, find and press the WPS button on the host router as well.
- You are done with the Netgear extender setup via the WPS method.
This is all about different ways to complete the Netgear EAX15 setup. After the setup is done, you can move the extender to a new location in the home where you want to extend the existing network range.