How to Reset WiFi Extender: The Ultimate Guide
WiFi extender factory reset – the best solution to fix extender login, setup, and password issues. Whether you forgot your extender's password or are unable to log in to your range extender, just reset WiFi extender to its default factory settings.
Once done with the new extender setup and connected client devices to its extended network, more than 90% of users don't even touch their extender. They only pay heed to their extender when it starts behaving weird or not working properly. The only solution to all such sudden technical errors is to factory reset your wireless range extender.
Don't know how to reset WiFi extender? Gotcha! Just take a quick tour around our tutorial and learn the process of WiFi range extender factory reset. Off we go.
Reset WiFi Extender
Users can reset their WiFi range extender via two ways: using the Factory Reset button and through the default web user interface.
A word of caution: Before getting started with the reset process, it is suggested to create a backup of current settings so that you can easily restore the backup once the extender resets. No hassle of configuring your WiFi range extender again!
Let's shed some light on both the WiFi extender reset methods one by one:
1. Using the Factory Reset Button
Here are the steps to restore extender to default settings using the factory reset button:
- Power up your WiFi range extender.
- Grab a thin object like a pen, paper clip, or pin.
- Find the Factory Reset button on the extender.
- Once located, press and hold it using the object.
- Wait for some time as the extender will reboot automatically.
And there you are! Your WiFi range extender has restored its default factory settings. Now, you can reconfigure your extender's settings in accordance with your preferences.
2. Through the Default Web User Interface
Let's have a quick glance at the steps to perform WiFi range extender reset through the default web user interface:
- Plug your extender into a wall outlet and turn it on.
- Establish a wired connection between your extender and home WiFi router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, turn on your computer or laptop.
- Launch your favorite web browser.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar and hit Enter key.
- As soon as you reach the extender's dashboard, head over to the Settings section.
- Hit the Factory Reset button.
- A pop-up will show. Confirm your action by hitting on the Yes button.
- Wait for the extender to reboot properly.
Congrats! You are all done with the WiFi extender reset process. The extender has successfully restored to its default factory settings. Now, you need to change your extender's settings as per your requirements. Conceding that you are still unable to reset your WiFi range extender, keep in mind to get in touch with our highly knowledgeable and experienced technicians. They will offer you prompt and relevant solutions to fix the issue within minutes.