Troubleshooting Most Common Netgear WiFi Range Extender Issues
If you own a Netgear WiFi range extender, then you might be well aware of the amazing benefits that it provides. Whether it is receiving a fast internet connection or being able to connect multiple devices to the network, the list of benefits just doesn't seem to have an end.
However, despite its astounding features, the Netgear extender is also prone to technical issues. And sadly, these issues can hamper your internet experience.
What is the point of hampering your internet experience when we are here to assist you? Through this blog post, we'll make you acquainted with the topmost issues that users face with the extender along with their instant fixes.
So, what are you waiting for? Scroll down and continue reading.
Steps to Troubleshoot Netgear WiFi Range Extender Issues
Can't Change the Netgear Extender SSID?
Every Netgear extender has its default SSID, also known as the network name. However, you need to change it in order to keep your WiFi device secure from unauthorized users. In case you aren't able to change your Netgear_Ext SSID, then go through the following steps:
- Launch a web browser on your system and log into your range extender.
- Once you have successfully logged into your device, go to the Wireless Settings option.
- Enter the new network name and password in the required fields and click on the Save button.
- Now, wait for the changes to get executed properly.
Is Your WiFi Extender Not Connecting to Internet?
Another major issue that users face with their extender is that it keeps disconnecting from the internet. To make sure that you don't face the same issue, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Firstly, check whether your device is placed in the location where it is supposed to be.
- Then, ensure that the Netgear WiFi range extender is receiving an adequate power supply.
- Now, reboot your WiFi device and update its firmware.
Note: To update the firmware of your Netgear extender, you need to log into your extender by accessing the mywifiext administrative page.
By updating the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender, you can easily get rid of the extender not connecting to the internet issue.
Is Your Extender's Power LED Light Not Stable?
Blinking power LED light is one of the most annoying issues that users face while performing Netgear extender setup. But, we won't let you have the same fate. Follow the steps outlined below to resolve this teeny-tiny issue in a flash:
- Ensure that the power socket you are using is free of damages.
- Another thing that you can do is restart your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- If this doesn't work too, then update the firmware of your device to its latest version.
Extender Not Detecting 5 GHz Band
Is your Netgear extender not able to detect the 5 GHz bandwidth of your WiFi router? Worry not. Why don't you switch to another channel of your home router? Here's how to do that:
- Log into your Netgear WiFi range extender using the Manual method.
- You can refer to the Netgear Manual in order to cross-check the default login credentials.
- Once you've logged into your device, click on the Wireless Setting option.
- Try to find the Channel option. Once found, choose the channel that you want to switch to.
- Now, click on the Apply button and wait for the changes to get executed.
So, this was all about the most common Netgear WiFi range extender issues. We hope that we were able to provide you with the best solution to resolve your extender problems. But, in case you are still not able to fix the issue, reach out to our professionals.